- 2.5 Day Innovation Weekend
- 43 participants (including 7 businesses / teams, 10 mentors
- Innovation Showcase including VR, Drones, 3D printer & Makers stuff, Beaconing, 3D painting / VR, Green screen tech
- 2 part time jobs were created at the event alone
- An Australian first event
The first business Innovation Weekend in Australia. 7 regional businesses were interviewed to identify problems or opportunities within their business. These business owners then pitched their challenge/idea on the Friday night of the Innovation Weekend, participants comprising developers, designers and business people then formed teams around 7 business leaders. The teams then spent the weekend building viable solutions to the challenge/idea, with the support of industry mentors. 2-part time jobs were created as part of the weekend. All attendees learned “Lean Startup” mythologies in taking new ideas to market. This event also brought together council, universities, entrepreneurs and service providers to create new revenues, hence increasing our RDP (Regional Domestic Product).
A article in the Herald Sun highlights some of the participant comments –